Lipase is an enzyme that the body uses to break down fat in food so they can be absorbed in the intestines. Lipase is primarily produced in the pancreas but is also in the mouth and stomach.
Amylase is an enzyme that helps digest carbs. It is produced in the pancreas and the glands that make saliva. When the pancreas is diseased or inflamed, amylase releases into the blood.
Protease are enzymes that help digest proteins, it is also produced in the pancreas.
These enzymes are not suppose to be found in the blood, they are suppose to be in the intestines to help with DIGESTION. Serum levels will increase in pancreatitis and liver diseases.
This was reblogged because I can’t bookmark stuff from rightatrium’s tumblr site. I wish I could…Source: rightatrium
- kat622 reblogged this from rightatrium
- eseiler likes this
- nola70124 likes this
- lifeis-inthevitalsigns reblogged this from rightatrium and added:
- francesuy56 likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- gloflow reblogged this from rightatrium
- windandgold reblogged this from healthycal
- healthycal reblogged this from rightatrium
- healthycal likes this
- nursegaga likes this
- rightatrium posted this